Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Preparing my Heart

So I have never done the whole blogging thing, but thought what better time than now as I prepare for my Summer Mission Trip to Kampala, Uganda. I have had this great excitement come over me the past few weeks. It is so satisfying to know my heart is fully confident in what the Lord has called me to do. If you have not heard, this Summer I will be leaving May 28th for Uganda. During this time I will be teaching sweet second graders alongside Miss Kelsey. Kelsey and I will be living together in the Children's Home, as well as teaching together, and each of us will have the opportunity to partake in two week missions throughout our time in Uganda. I will be reporting back to the states August 10th. I have had the privilege of talking with Kelsey over email and Facebook, and am thrilled to have a companion while we are stretching our comfort together. I am pumped to see all that God is going to do in each of our lives. I know God is going to move in mighty ways, and this will be what I will use to keep others updated in my time spent in Uganda.

Just today, my devotional was all about how God is leading me, step by step, through my life. I was broken because I am guilty of each and every day trying to take control of aspects throughout my day when it doesn't go just how I planned. I mean really, it seems so simple to let God take my hand and guide me through every step of the day, however my stubbornness steps in and takes the lead. I realized that I personally need to take some modifications to my days, waking up each day saying "God today is your day, and you are in control." And when something doesn't go my way, well I can simply stop and pray. After all prayer is talking to God, and why should I not ache to talk to my Creator? Anyway, I stumbled across the verse "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law." -Deuteronomy 29:29 I became giddy as soon as I read this verse. The secret things are of God, and I can sit back and relax and enjoy the journey he has destined for me?! If I were to allow God complete control of each day of my life, I could lay down at the end of the day and see the secret he had for me each and every day.

The big secret God has declared most recently is me going to Uganda. Now, this is something I would have never expected! But wow, God is good!! I finally reached a point in my relationship with God where I declared that I was no longer saying NO to God. If he is leading me to something I am doing it! And that is how this delightful adventure has come about! I cannot wait to share what God is doing in my life and stirring in my heart.

Taylor Wallace

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, I spent last summer (and I'm going back this summer) in Kampala working with one of Sherry's friend's ministries, but I was able to spend some time at New Creation Centre helping teach, and I just wanted to say that I'm so excited for you - it is a really special school and God will definitely use you so much in the lives of the kids there.
    - Laura

    ReplyDelete