Thursday, July 18, 2013

I called, you answered


Came to my Rescue

Falling on my knees in worship

Giving all I am to seek your face

Lord all I am is yours


My whole life

I place in your hands

God of Mercy

Humbled I bow down

In your presence at your throne


I called you answered

And you came to my rescue and I

I wanna be where you are


My whole life

I place in your hands

God of mercy

Humbled I bow down

In your presence at your throne

So I would be lying if I told you the past week has been rainbows and butterflies, because it most definitely has not been. A variety of things have happened in which I have had to sit back and think… okay what is God trying to teach me or what is the devil trying to attack me with? Needless to say, it has resulted in much time of prayer for God to humble me, give me peace, cast away my fears, and to call upon him alone.

The song “Came to my Rescue” has been the melody playing through my head the past few days and I often find myself humming and singing it throughout the day. I really think God sometimes places songs in my head without me even realizing, and it goes right along with what I am struggling with or what God is revealing to me. God is so sneaky; he truly knows how to work his way in without me even realizing. I love it!

 

During the past few days I have had more emotions than I have the entire time. I am very aware that I am an emotional person in general, but the tears I have shed the past few days have been from shock, disappointment, and discouragement. However, God has been glorified. I have chosen to seek God and to fall on my knees, humbled, crying before the Lord. And wow, of course God has prevailed! Although pieces are still being put back together, God has by ALL means poured out his many blessings.

There is this complete satisfaction in knowing whole-heartedly that no matter what, seriously no matter what happens…God is always protecting me and he will come through. I know before I came to Uganda, God was really working within me to not worry and to let him be in complete control. And it is safe to say that God has completed that work since my time here began. I am so much more at ease than I have ever been, and to some it might come across that I am just like “oh, whatever” but it is not the case. It is the fact that I serve a mighty God who is my healer, protector, comforter, forgiver, savior, redeemer, father, conqueror, lover, strength, friend, king of kings, firm foundation; my everything! Praise the Lord, my God is on my side and I can rest in his promise.

“You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help. This I know: God is on my side! I praise God for what he has promised; Yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?” – Psalm 56: 8-11


I apologize for this not being as “uplifting” but I believe it is important for others to see that although it might sometimes seem things are always glorious when you are fulfilling what God has called you to, there needs to be truth in what also goes on underlying the surface…and it is not always B-E-A-U-tiful. But hey, God said he would never put us through anything we can’t handle; but he also said he will test us to see how much faith we have in him!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment